Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Prayer to the Unknown

My dear friends, please breath with me. May we send winds of love around the globe, from breath to breath, lung to lung, heart to heart of all of Chester's beloveds all around the world. May we sip the sweet air and know we are home.

3-13 strikes me as the right, witchy, virgo date for the completion of Chester's transformative journey. I was feeling it in my bones all day, and was moving towards a closing ritual with him when Bean called and asked me to speak to Chester through the phone, which she lovingly held to his ear. Breathing through the overwhelm, the "what could I possibly say" panic, I had my lover hold my heart and my pelvic floor as I tapped into my communication with dear Chester.

I told Chester that I loved him, that I was walking strong with his teachings in my bones and flesh, and that I promised to carry his lineage. I then reminded him of one of themes of his teachings- the Big Draw, and that he used to speak of it as a "prayer to the unknown." I invited him to breathe his last breaths as a prayer to the unknown.

I do not feign to understand the inner workings of our great spiraling spirit, the journey of the soul, the relationship between those of us breathing and those of us simply in-spiring. But last night, after falling asleep in my partners arms, I dreamt of Chester, flying free on the winds, dancing in the great open air, laughing.

I have been holding Chester close to my heart and loin, standing with him at the gates, for over a year and a half. Now, with hands open wide, heart full of reverence and belly round with gratitude, I move into this new relationship with Chester, and stream love to each of you whose life was massaged by his presence here on earth. May we truly walk, in love, with the lessons we learned at his side.

I will be calling for a gathering of his San Francisco Bay area friends and family, a circle of breath and reverent honoring. During our time together this past year, Chester and I spoke many times of his wishes for a memorial, and I will do my best to honor his vision. Please visit the blog in the next few days for date, time and location details. If you want to assist me in creating such a gathering, please email me at openhands@mac.com.

Dear friends, please breath with me. May we each feel and know our home in this world, remembering that we are of this earth. May we each offer up a prayer to the unknown, and welcome in the possibility of our next breath.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend, Cheryl, wrote this poem yesterday and sent it to me. I feel it should be shared with all of Chester's friends. Jim

March 14, 2007 ( Chester)

Chester ’s passing

you are gone
what a road you have been
traveling on my friend
you certainly didn’t pick
something easy did you
I know you like challenges
but shit
I wanted you to have an easy
transition in death
at least you were home
surrounded by those who
loved you very much
wrapped in Bean’s loving arms
your head on her heart
that is actually not a bad way to go
you will be missed very much
you are on a good journey
my dear dear chester
I am glad so very glad
that you no longer have death to fear
and are having quite a different
adventure now
my tears remind me of how much
I love you
and wash away the sorrow
so gladness and joy
have room to grow
I will always carry you
in my heart
and my work carries
your teachings within
I have much to be thankful for
and so very glad that you
were a part of my life
saying good bye is never easy
I wish you well where ever
you find yourself
Cheryl Townsend

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for such a beautiful poem. Could feel your every word with tears,
- Diana Soline

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaahhhh... Chester! Here I am breathing my tits off, just like you taught me.

Thank you Chrys for your words, Bean, Family and all friends for loving him and being so good to him.

I was working on Tuesday, doing SI sessions which are magical in great part because of Chester. I could never express in words how I feel, so I guess I will honor his memory by being even more of myself. I miss you all on the west coast, but I will come to the bay area next month. It would be great if that happens to be when the memorial is scheduled. I would love to be there.

Love to you all,

Singing Deer

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home