Thursday, March 30, 2006

Family Care

For the past few days, Chester has been at home with his brother and sister, a true family reunion. On Monday morning I woke up with a terrible stomach flu (which my lover had also developed), and the simple routine of helping Chester get dressed felt like a marathon event. After trying to sleep it off for a few hours, it became clear that it wasn't going to pass that easily, so Chester sent me home. His immune system is compromised and his body has more than enough work to do as is, so I took my germs and cleared out. Dawn and Dan agreed to help take care of Chester, and so it was- the three Mainard siblings together taking exquisite care of one another. By all reports, it has been a beautiful week of family togetherness. I wish I had more details for y'all, but I've been asleep for four days straight!

I just checked in with the Mainard kids on the phone, and everything was going very well. They've been taking great care of one another, sharing lots of heartful time together, and having too much fun. Dawn reports that they were up until 1 am last night "giggling like drunk girls", and then up at 4 am for more laughter! Their time together has allowed them to do lots of reconnection and healing, which I sense was significantly deepened by the circumstance of being alone as a family. I am grateful that the divine timing of it all allowed us all this week- they were given this chance to be together as a family caring for one another, sharing so fully with one another, and I was given four days to hibernate and heal, resting and recharging my body after so many months of borderline exhaustion.

Dawn will be writing something up for the blog in the coming days, as well as hopefully loading up some of the "hundreds" of pictures she has taken this week. In the coming days, we will also be hearing from Chester about his decision around the bone flap procedure, and possibly scheduling that surgery. So stay tuned, as the Healthy Chester story continues to unfold.

May our strength grow with the waxing moon,

Chrys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home